Thursday, June 2, 2011

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

When I received the photo shown below in a text message, I was impacted in a major way.  At that moment I decided:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

It is time to get the message of Remember the Ice out to a broader audience.

Look at this photo and you will understand my concern.


The question is:
Are you concerned?  

My additional questions are these:

Would you be concerned if your child brought this "innocent looking " coloring book home?  

Do you think this message could be relayed in a safer manner?  After all, this book IS about gun safety. Right?

How about a title like this:  Gun Safety is Important.

In the promotional material about this activity/coloring book, it starts out saying:  Guns are not toys.

Well in the empowering word choice world of Remember the Ice, the message reads:  Guns are toys.

As I stated at the beginning of this post, and in the title:


ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Contact me for more information about:

Re-Frame the Message:  The Community Project

No comments:

Post a Comment