Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Derek Jeter really wants to play.... at least I think he does....


Derek Jeter is on the Disabled List
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Yankees have put shortstop Derek Jeter on the disabled list because of a strained right calf, delaying his pursuit of 3,000 career hits. The Yankees made the move before Tuesday night's game against Texas. He was hurt Monday night, four innings after he got his 2,994th hit.

This is the first time Jeter has been on the 15-day DL since 2003. The Yankees captain is known for trying to play through injuries, but limped off the field in the fifth inning and immediately left the game. 

Being a die hahd Red Sox fan, it is rare that I root for the Yankees--if ever!  However in this instance, I was sorry to hear about Jeter’s injury.  He is a class player and a great ambassador for the game.   I hope he is able to return to the field of play soon, and continue his pursuit of one of the legendary milestones in baseball.

I know it means so much to him, because in his press conference about being placed on the DL he made it very clear what his desire was:

I don’t like not to play!

Really?!?!
Watch what happens when the “(K)notty Words” are removed:

I like to play!

How simple is that to Re-Frame the Message?  Just say what you mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment