Tuesday, April 5, 2011

There is nothing I would do for you.....

Millions of people read hundreds of comic strips in newspapers around the world.  The Born Loser created by Art and Chip Sansom had a classic example of a “(K)notty Word” in Action.

Here is the dialog from that strip:

"Chief, I want you to know there is nothing I wouldn't do for you!

"Say no more, Thornapple--I already know....after all, that's exactly what you been doing for me for years!


What a great demonstration of the articulatory confusion that occurs with a not attached to a host word like “would”.


I know it is just a cartoon script, yet you hear word usage like this in conversations you hear daily.

Raise your awareness and listen for examples.  AND  Think how you would re-frame the message.

Have an empowering word choice day.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment